22.3.09


, originally uploaded by Aaron Michael Brown.

It is difficult for me to express just how much I wanted to see penguins on a beach. It was a pilgrimage of sorts. When I was down in the dumps last November dealing with a ton of school work and a ton of stress, the thought of seeing penguins on a beach kept me going, and alas, my waiting is officially over after a wonderful trip down to Cape Point and Boulder Beach last weekend. THEY WERE SO ADORABLE.

Today I leave for the township of Langa for a week and a half. After that, I've got about a week to backpack along the southern coast of South Africa, only to make it back to Cape Town in time for my flight to Vietnam. I'm going to miss hearing the Call to Prayer bellow through the streets of the Bokaap, although I'm excited to actually live outside of the City Bowl and see more of the city. I know I say this often, but the internet situation is unknown; I've just uploaded a kajillion photos to flickr, so check that out while you are waiting to hear more word of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, those are humbolt penguins I believe. We have them at the oregon zoo. No need to travel to south africa to see them when they are happily waiting for your viewing pleasure just down the block in portland.